Several Gulf States, led by Saudi Arabia declared war on the Houthis in Yemen and their allies in the military operation dubbed "al-Hazm Storm", Operation Decisive Storm. The operation began Thursday 26/03/2015 CE after midnight, and then other Arab countries announced their support and willingness to participate in this operation; including Egypt, Morocco, Sudan and Jordan, as well as Pakistan. The Gulf states - with the exception of Oman - led by Saudi Arabia, have justified this operation as a response to a request from the Yemeni President Abed Rabbo Hadi, to protect Yemen and its people from the constant aggression by al-Houthi, who meddle with the security of the region and the international peace and security, as well as to assist Yemen in the face of terrorist organizations like al-Qaeda and ISIS - that it is guaranteed based on the principle of self-defense enshrined in Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations and in accord with the Charter of the Arab League and the joint Arab Defense Treaty.
Saudi Ambassador to Washington, Adel al-Jubeir, told reporters earlier that Riyadh contacted Washington on the ongoing operation, but the United States is not a member of the alliance, which includes ten countries. The White House also said that US President Barack Obama authorized the provision of intelligence and logistical support to the military operation led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen to defeat the Houthi fighters. The White House said in a statement, "While U.S. forces are not taking direct military action in Yemen in support of this effort, we are establishing a joint planning cell with Saudi Arabia to coordinate U.S. military and intelligence support." And added that, the United States is closely monitoring al Qaeda threat in Yemen, "and will continue to take the necessary measures to prevent the continuous and imminent threats to the United States and our citizens", according to reports from BBC Arab Network.
We in Hizb ut Tahrir affirm the following:
1. This war is not in favor of Islam, Muslims, and especially our people in Yemen, but it will drag them into scourges and will achieve what the Kaffir West wants - especially America - of Yemen and the region, by dragging them into more wars and rotten sectarian conflicts which are forbidden in Islam.
2. These rulers, led by the rulers of Saudi Arabia and Iran, are the ones who are leading the people of Yemen and the entire Ummah to the conflict in service for the Kaffir West and give legitimacy to their crooked chairs; to deceive the Ummah into thinking that they defend the Deen and its holy sites using a sectarian cloak, after their deceit was exposed and their war against Islam and Muslims was proven in many Muslim countries, especially Syria and Iraq, and other.
3. The feuding partisan forces in Yemen, including the Houthi militias, are the ones who waved the red rag for external interventions and took the country into this crisis and corruption, as a result of throwing themselves into the arms of those rulers. Those rulers who have surmounted them to the outside and made them tools, pawns and swap papers in the intense international conflict in the region and its files, most notably the Iraqi and Syrian files and the Yemeni file.
4. These rulers do not move unless by a signal from the Kaffir West, headed by America; thus the rulers of Iran are coordinating with the United States in Iraq and Syria to strike its people. Also the rulers of Saudi Arabia are coordinating with the United States in Yemen and others. All of whom are gathered in the fight against terrorism, which has become a term that is not associated actually with anything else, but the war on Islam and Muslims.
5. The fighting between Muslims is forbidden, except those exempted by the Shariah. And the origin is the reform between Muslims and giving advice to them and the submission to Allah's law and arbitration. But unfortunately the fighting and war is not, however, in the hands of these parties, rather it is in the hands of those funding them of puppet rulers who obey the order of the colonist in service of its plans.
6. The people of Yemen and the whole Ummah should be aware of the reality of these rulers that they are agents, and are wasting their potential to ignite wars and strife between them to fragment them. At the time that the people of Palestine are yelling from the fire of the usurper Jewish entity, but they do not lift a finger to help them, except rare statements and crafty hollow condemnations.
7. Those who are involved in blowing in this strife and inflaming it, of the so-called scholars or Sheikhs and notables, are a scourge over the scourge and are misleading the Ummah away from their vital issues and the cause of the disease. And how not, as they are, in the adversity that inflict the Muslims by the enemies, justifying the weakness and the failure of the puppet rulers.
8. Finally, the status of the people of Yemen and all the Muslims will not be reformed except in the light of Islam and its state; the Khilafah Rashidah State on the method of the Prophethood, which will gather them and encompass them all with its mercy, guardianship and its good handling and application of the controversial issues between them. So to the work with Hizb ut Tahrir to achieve this, we invite.
O Allah, save Yemen and other Muslim countries from the deceit and conspiracy of the agents and the enemies.
Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir in Wilayah Yemen
Thursday, 6th Jumada II 1436 AH