Following the organizing of the Miss Globe Pageant this year in Tunisia and setting the date of 25/12/2016 to take place in the Qubba Palace in El Menzah and based on the follow-up of the preparations and statements of those overseeing the pageant, we in the Women’s Section of the Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir in the Wilayah of Tunisia would like to reiterate the following:
- This initiative has no connection to our Islamic Ummah and it represents a foreign custom thrust upon our society that aims to consecrate degeneration and decadence. We are saddened by the funding and encouragement of the two sponsors that presented this pageant at a time when women are suffering from life’s innumerable problems. For that reason, it is obligatory upon all sincere people to make sure that they boycott this abnormal initiative.
- At a time when the state is arresting anyone who puts forth an invention or scientific study under the charge of immoderation in thinking and instead of organizing a contest for the best scientific study or best university or honoring the students that have attained the highest grades and organizing contests for selecting female memorizers of the Qur’an and the best studies and highest grades; instead it organizes a contest to choose the most beautiful unclothed woman! This disgraceful and serious matter has no relation with the reformation or revival of the woman.
- The woman is need of a revolution of knowledge and not to be degraded into such abysses. This initiative is not from the woman’s priorities that she is in urgent need to reshape the level of her societal aspirations in terms of knowledge and morals in their consideration as leading personalities and mothers. They should not be dealt with as dolls and fashion models and especially when this initiative insults the woman because she is swayed to be naked and debauched. That is because these initiatives are foreign to our culture and principles.
- These toxic initiatives exploit the inclinations and desires of some naive young men and they are built upon a method that empties the person of his thought and relies upon the body and external appearance as a measure for superiority and prominence that reflects a major vacuum within the minds of our young men.
- These initiatives reflect how to treat the woman as a tool of production and means to amass wealth within the capitalist civilization. It makes her body a mere commodity in beauty queen contests and catwalks. She is treated as if she is a cosmetic image, element of scenery, an adorned object for visual meetings and she has become the most significant means for marketing numerous products to the point that not a single television or advertising poster advertisement is free of a woman adorned with make-up.
- These contests which are strange and at odds with the women of Tunisia which seek to portray the woman in Tunisia as being vulgar, indecent and stripped from her Islamic identity and culture. That is to create a model of the western woman within the lands of Islam to consolidate the intellectual and political subservience from her.
- The affair of the woman in Tunisia is like the affair of any upright and pure Muslim woman. She loves her Deen and yearns for it to return as the system of ruling, to restore her lost honour, glory and dignity. For that reason, we will never allow for this capitalism to vulgarize and degrade us. We will never allow the West and those vigilant over their interests to represent us.
- Verily, the woman in Tunisia seeks to be liberated from this degenerate view of her and the liberation that she wants must be upon the basis of Islam alone and not upon the disbelieving capitalist basis that denies the right of Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta’Aalaa to legislate, or upon the basis of democracy that considers the body of the woman and displaying it as a mere commodity that is traded with. Therefore, the radical root solution for our women in Tunisia and all the Muslim lands is the ruling by the Shar’a of Allah and the establishment of the rightly guided Khilafah (Caliphate) upon the methodology of the Prophethood. It will restore a woman’s “humanity” and right to live in this life as a “slave of Allah”, to Him alone with no partner whilst she finds assurance and tranquility in His legislation and judgement.
﴿وَاللهُ مُتِمُّ نُورِهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ﴾
“And Allah will perfect His light and even if the disbelievers hate it.” [As-Saff: 8]
in the Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir in Wilayah Tunisia