Wednesday, May 30, 2012
The Fiqh of Minorities: Muslims living in the west. Identity | Tradition | Rules and exceptions
* Does our situation require NEW RULES specifically for our situation?
* Does our situation require a NEW INTERPRETATION of Islam?
* Does it mean we can mould a NEW IDENTITY based on these changed rules and situations?
* Or should we stick to past norms and traditions established centuries ago?
* What happens when our Islamic tradition and practice CONFLICT with modern western identity, its economy and legal systems?
Muslims living in the west today often find themselves in a difficult position. As an ummah, we have never before experienced the existence we find ourselves in today. It is a situation which
* SPEAKER: Ustadh Rian Wiramihardja.
Organised by: Hizb ut Tahrir Australia.