بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
From the time Islam was revealed, the kuffar have waged an unrelenting struggle against Islam and the Muslims.
Despite this struggle, Muslims reined victorious for thirteen centuries with the exception of a few battles during the Crusade and Tatar invasions. The ideological might of the Khilafah and unyielding spirit of Iman, coupled with the sacrifice of the Muslims continuously proved overwhelming for the kuffar. However on the 28th of Rajab 1342 AH, corresponding to the 3rd of March 1924, the Western world lead by England at the time - finally achieved what they had long desired and for which they had exerted enormous effort: the abolition of the Islamic Khilafah and the separation of Deen from state, and Islam from politics. Consequently, the West spread their control over the Muslims and their lands. This calamity was made successful through the ardent support of Western agents from both the Arabs and Turks where the traitor Mustafa Kamal was at their head.
Despite the absence of the Khilafah for more than 80 years, the West have been forced to acknowledge that their victory over the Muslims would be short lived yet again, as the call for the return of the Khilafah resonates around the world loud and clear. The hearts of the Muslims yearn for it, their tongues speak of it day and night, and they anxiously await the birth of a new dawn.
As the struggle between Islam and Kufr reaches its final stages, the disbelieving West and its allies seek to lead the Muslims astray from the reality of the Islamic Khilafah, from the disasters the Muslims face due to its absence, and from what good fortune its return will bring to the Muslims in this world and the hereafter.
For the purpose of understanding the reality of the struggle today, we put forth the following questions:
• Why did the disbelieving West destroy the Khilafah?
• Why does the disbelieving West work to prevent the return of the Khilafah?
• Why is it obligatory for the Muslims to re-establish the Khilafah?
The answers to these vital questions can be comprehensively understood by defining the true essence and reality of the Khilafah;
• The Khilafah is the general leadership of all the Muslims in the world, which implements the Islamic Shari’ah and carries the Islamic Da’wah to the world.
• The Khilafah represents the unification of the Muslims under one Imam (Leader) and under the flag of tawheed.
• The Khilafah will ensure that Muslims are bound by a single brotherhood and their lands are one.
• The Khilafah means that the absolute sovereignty is for the Shari’ah of Allah which ensures the implementation of Islam comprehensively in our lives, whereby all the rulings of kufr and taghout (evil) are abolished.
• The Khilafah entails that the authority of the Muslims rest solely within their hands, thus enabling the Muslims to control their political destiny and liberate themselves from the shackles of Western colonialism which chains and enslaves the will of the Ummah.
• The Khilafah means that the Muslim Ummah takes her rightful role in the world, rescuing the Muslims her the evil of global capitalism and shading them under the light and justice of Islam thereby leading and guiding humanity with it.
• The Khilafah represents the liberation and expulsion of all disbelieving forces from every inch of occupied Muslim land, and the prevention of any colonialist presence, be it military, political, cultural, economical or otherwise.
• The Khilafah means that the natural resources will be entrusted to its rightful owners (Muslim citizens) and will expel the Western capitalist companies who pillage those resources leaving the Muslims dying of hunger and begging the West for their daily survival.
• The Khilafah represents the return of the Ummah to its rightful place in areas of knowledge, science and research, inventions, discovery and investment in advanced infrastructure development with free will to serve the interest of the Muslims.
• The Khilafah means that the Ummah will plough her own land, fulfil her needs, secure her food resources, such that no individual is left impoverished and threatened by starvation as the Ummah will no longer be subjected to the will of her enemy.
• The Khilafah means the removal of tribalism and nationalism in which Islam has prohibited, and the return of the Islamic bond of brotherhood between all Muslims – “The Muslim is the brother of a Muslim”.
• The Khilafah represents the return of peace to chaotic societies, thus the hearts will be tranquil in the dhikr of Allah, and the people will be tranquil about their deen, honour and wealth.
• The Khilafah means the protection of the Aqeedah, of worship, morals, values, and all the rules set by Allah.
• The Khilafah means that the Ummah will possess its own manufacturing and military industries free to direct its own policies in these areas.
• The Khilafah stands for the pleasure of Allah through the implementation of His Shari’ah; stands for the honour of the believers who testify to the Oneness of Allah; stands as the real shield of the Ummah and the armour of the believing women; stands as the true place of worship for the worshippers and mujahideen; and stands as the protection of the rights of Allah and the rights of the people.
Given that these are just some of the realities of what the Khilafah embodies, it is little wonder why the West exerted considerable effort in bringing about its demise, and it is no surprise that the West works even harder to prevent its return. So it is a great wonder and surprise to witness the complacency of a Muslim who is not engaged in the noble work of its return despite the sincerity displayed to Allah, his Deen and his Ummah. Even more surprising than this is that some Muslims, including some who wear the garbs of the Ulema, support the treacherous rulers in the Muslim world who are agents to the disbelieving West - rulers who have openly and unashamedly betrayed Allah, His Messenger and the believers.
The devils from amongst the jinn and mankind, of the disbelievers, their allies and agents, whisper to you that the return of the Khilafah is impossible, and that the West with its great material power will challenge it if it is established, and that the Muslims have no chance against the West and its power, and that the state of ‘Israel’ and the ‘statelets’ breaking up the Muslim World will fight it from the inside, and that an economic boycott will be placed on it, and, and, and...
If these are the whisperings of some of the devils amongst the jinn and man, then Allah the Exalted, King of kings, and His Messenger (sws), our role model and example, promised us something else. Allah (swt) says,
]وَعَدَ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مِنْكُمْ وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ لَيَسْتَخْلِفَنَّهُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ كَمَا اسْتَخْلَفَ الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِهِمْ وَلَيُمَكِّنَنَّ لَهُمْ دِينَهُمُ الَّذِي ارْتَضَىٰ لَهُمْ وَلَيُبَدِّلَنَّهُمْ مِنْ بَعْدِ خَوْفِهِمْ أَمْنًا ۚ يَعْبُدُونَنِي لَا يُشْرِكُونَ بِي شَيْئًا ۚ وَمَنْ كَفَرَ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ فَأُولَـٰئِكَ هُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ[
“Allah has promised those among you who believe, and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them in the land succession (to power) on earth, as He granted it to those before them; and that He will establish in authority their religion - that which He has chosen for them (Islam). And that He will change (their state), after the fear in which they (lived), to one of security and peace: They will worship Me and will not associate anything in worship with Me. But whoever disbelieved after this, they are the transgressors.” [al-Nur: 55]; and the Messenger said,
(إن الله زوى لي الأرض فرأيت مشرقها ومغربها وإن أمتي سيبلغ ملكها ما زوى لي منها) رواه مسلم وأبو داود وابن ماجة والترمذي
“Allah showed me the earth and I looked at its East and its West. Indeed, the dominion of my Ummah will reach everywhere I was shown.” (Muslim, Abu Dawud); and he also said,
“The Prophethood will last among you for as long as Allah wills, then Allah would take it away. Then it will be (followed by) a rightly-guided Khilafah upon the way of the Prophethood. It will remain for as long as Allah wills, then Allah would take it away. Then there will be a biting rule which will remain for as long as Allah wills, then He will lift it if He wishes. Afterwards, there will be oppressive rule, and it will last for as long as Allah wishes, then He will lift it if He wishes. Then there will be a rightly-guided Khilafah upon the ways of the Prophethood, then he kept silent” (Musnad Ahmad)
Therefore, O Muslims, seek the Help of Allah the Exalted, work sincerely for Him, and know that your Ummah is strong and powerful by Allah, and that your enemies are weaker than the web of a spider. As for all those who sincerely ask, “When will the support of Allah come?” we say to them what our Lord said,
]أَلآ إِنَّ نَصْرَ اللَّهِ قَرِيبٌ[
“Yes! Certainly, the support of Allah is near!” (al-Baqarah: 214)
] وَاللَّهُ غَالِبٌ عَلَىٰ أَمْرِهِ وَلَـٰكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ [
"And Allah has full power and control over His Affairs, but most of men know not." (al-Nur: 63)
Hizb ut-Tahrir Australia
08 Rajab 1429 AH
11 July 2008 CE